Detachment Aeronautical Quality Assurance Wing (Armament)), Chanda was established on 9thJune 1976. Dett AQAW (Armt),Chanda is a self-accounting office and responsible to provide QA coverage to various Air Armament Stores manufactured by Ordnance Factory Chanda and also at various trade firms.
To accomplish its taskDett. is established with PE 35 personnel. All the support structure that is needed to provide QA coverage is housed in its own building which was constructed in year 1989. The Dett.building is a standalone and is situated within the premises of Ordnance Factory Chanda.
The external area houses plantations, garden, hedging, FOL bay, garages, fire tank, approach roads etc..It works under the administrative/technical control of AQAW(A), Khamaria&over all control by ADG(North & Central Zone).This Detachment is located in Chandrapur district of Maharashtra whereextreme weather conditions are experienced.
- Provides QA coverage to variousAir armament stores manufactured by Ordnance Factory -Chanda and various trade firms.
- This Dett. Involves at various stages of production like Raw Material verification, Incoming goods inspection, components, sub-assemblies, final Assemblies, Proof Testing, Lab Testing and Witnessing of identified critical stages.
- Regular, Audits, surveillances and Spot checks will be carried by this Dett.
- Associates in Development & Indigenization of air armament stores.
- Associates in defect investigations.
- This dett. is Headed by Director and functions under direct control of Commanding Officer - Khamaria.
- This Dett. Administratively functions based on HQ, DGAQA, ADG(N&CZ) and CO -Khamaria guideline.
- Technical functionality of this Dett. is based on the approved drawing specifications, MQAP, QAP, ATP and other technical instructions issued time to time by competent authority.
PROJECTS:- This Dett. provides QA coverage to the following projects.
- Rocket a/c 68 mm Type- ‘A’ Practice
- Rocket a/c 68 mm Type- ‘A’ HE
- Rocket a/c 68 mm Type- ‘A’ HC
- Re-ignitering of rocket a/c 68 mm Type-‘A’ Practice, HE & HC.
- Heavy Destruction Charge –1
- Heavy Destruction Charge – 2
- PTA Booster No. 3 MK-I
- Explosives of Akash missile (SAM)
- Detonator 132 mg RZY
- Booster for lead plate charge
ROCKET 68 mm
PTA BOOSTER NO.3 MK-I FOR LAKSHYA
HEAVY DESTRUCTION CHARGE
NAME OF FE’S/DETACHMENTS(Under/Reporting to this Zone/FE)
It works under the administrative/technical control of CO, AQAW(A) - Khamaria& over all controlledby ADG(North & Central Zone).
The Director DettAQAW (A),Chanda DGAQA, Ministry of Defence