Office of the Additional Director General, Aeronautical Quality Assurance (OADG, AQA), Koraput was established in 1968 For Quality Assurance of Aero-Engines produced at M/s HAL, Koraput Division.
The office is located within the Premises of M/s Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, Koraput Division at Sunabeda, which is about 25 Km from Koraput Railway Station on NH-43 towards Vizianagaram.
Visakhapatnam is the nearest Airport, which is about 220 Km from Sunabeda and is also the nearest Railway Junction for connection to major cities in India.
ROLE AND FUNTION
- Quality Assurance of Aero Engines and their components during Manufacture and Overhaul.
- Association during indigenous development of raw material, components and consumables for use in aero-engines.
- Carrying out Quality Audit / Spot Checks.
- Participation in Defect Investigation of Engines and rotables prematurely withdrawn from service.
- Participation in Court of Inquiry for investigation of aircraft accidents.
- Quality Assurance of aero engines during overhauling of R-11and R-25 for MIG -21, R-29b for MIG -23, MIG -27 aircraft and RD -33 for MIG-29 aircraft.
- Quality Assurance of aero engines during the manufacturing of R25UL and AL-31FP for SU-30 MKI aircraft.
- In addition to the previously existing project, License Manufacture of AL31FP aero engines for SU-30 MK-1aircraft and blade Manufacturing unit (BMU) for AN-32 transport aircraft and MI-8 and MI-17 helicopter are coming up in a big way.
Additional Director General, Aeronautical Quality Assurance DGAQA, Ministry of Defence