Office of Addl Director General NASIK
Office of the Additional Director General, Aeronautical Quality Assurance (OADG, AQA), Nasik Division is located in the premises of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., ( Aircraft Division) Ojhar, in well industrially developed Maharashtra state, just 200 Kms away from business capital of India i.e. Mumbai and 20 Kms away from the holy city of Nasik (District) on north direction, passing National Highway No.3, i.e Mumbai – Agra National High way.
Surrounded by lush green farms & fields, well known developed agriculture zone in Niphad Taluka famous for Grapes, Sugar Cane, Onion & Vegetables, since called as Manchester of India.
ROLE AND FUNTION
- This office is responsible for Quality Assurance of the products and services supplied by HAL (Aircraft Division) to IAF and also supervision of Quality Control organization of HAL(AD).
- This office participates in development of airborne stores and upgrade programmes of aircraft like MiG 27 Upgrade, indigenous development of raw materials, components etc.
- Accident/incident investigation of aircraft, and defect investigation of airborne stores.
- The inspection of Ground Handling Equipments and FOL items at private firms and PSUs are also taken up.
- In addition to the existing Overhaul work of MiG-21 (all variants) and MiG-27 Aircrafts, HAL (ND) has also taken up new projects i.e. production of MiG BIS Upgrade and MiG-27 Upgrade.
- The production of the latest generation aircraft Sukoi SU-30 MKI is in full swing.
- The role of OCRI, Nasik is to assure the quality of the Aircraft MIG-21, MIG-BIS, MIG-27 for its airworthiness during overhauling of these aircraft (earlier in various production stages) in HAL(Aircraft Division) Nasik.
- This establishment is also coordinating Upgrade activities of BIS & MIG-27 A/c. Apart from this, various aircraft aggregates & airborne stores are inspected as per various specifications.
- This office also performs its role in indigenous development activities of various airborne stores by coordinating in various processing & testing stages. Trade inspection of the stores supplied to IAF by various private firms, PSUs is also carried out by this office.
- Aircraft Upgradation of MiG-27.
- Aircraft Upgradation of MiG-BIS (Type-75).
- ALH NAG Sighting System.
- Night Vision Upgradation on CHEETAH Helicopter.
- Integration of Homi System on Indian Navy Aircraft TU-142M.
- Manufacturing of SU-30(MI) Aircraft.
This office is also associated with quality assurance and certification of aeronautical stores, which includes store like FOL produced by IOC, Mumbai, Ground Handling Equipment items including various trolleys like Service air trolley, high pressure trolley, ground power units.etc.
ADDITIONAL Director general, Aeronautical Quality Assurance DGAQA, Ministry of Defence