Brief of functioning of the Establishment
This Detachment provides Quality Assurance of Air Armament Stores such as various Propellants, Filling materials for Bombs, Cutting Linear Charges etc. manufactured by Ordnance Factory Bhandara starting from surveillance of critical inward raw material to final packing & dispatch of store to Indian Air Force. In addition to QA coverage, this Detachment undertakes following activities:-
- Proof Test / Static Firing Test also of various propellants / stores supplied to Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army at its Static Firing Station (SFS).
- Final Acceptance Authority with respect to Air Armament Stores produced by Ordnance Factory Bhandara.
- Providing QA coverage to Air Armament Stores under development & indigenisation by Ordnance Factory Bhandara such as CSS(Canopy Severance System) for LCA Tejas Aircraft
- Defect Investigation of the stores which is manufactured and supplied by Ordnance Factory Bhandara to IAF, if any defect / failure reported
The details of the stores for which QA Coverage / Final Acceptance Inspection (FAI) is provided are given below:-
(a) Rockets And Missile Propellant:
- Propellant for 68mm Rocket
- Booster Propellant for Pechora Missile (Direct supply to IAF)
- Booster Propellant for PTA
- Reduced Arrow Charge
- Propellant for HELINA Missile