Aircraft & Aero Medical (A/C & Aero Med)
Role & Functions:
Aircraft and Aero Medical Group at HQrs DGAQA is responsible for following functions:
- To monitor and supervise QA functions at ORDAQAs, Bengaluru, OAQA, Barrackpore, ORDAQA, Kanpur and OADG, Nasik dealing with Aircraft and Helicopter projects.
- To process the proposals for Grant / Renewal of DGAQA-AFQMS and other Technical issues of respective M/s HAL divisions under above mentioned Field Establishments.
- Participation during various stages of procurement of Aircraft, Helicopter and Airborne stores such as Aircraft Tyres/Tube, Pilot Flying clothing and Aircraft Arrester Barrier system by IAF, Army Aviation, Naval Aviation & Indian Coast Guard as per the procedures defined in DAP and DPM.Vetting of QRs as a member of SEPCs.
- Vetting of QRs as a member of SEPCs.
- Vetting of RFP and Contracts.
- Participation in TEC and CNC.
- Vetting / Approval of ATPs.
- Participation in PDIs and JRIs.
- Participation in Scaling Committee and Procurement Committee Meetings.
- To deliberate and decide, in consultation with DG & ADG HQrs, on Policy Matters such as Issue of AQA Directives, TPI document, Quality Rating Maturity Manual& assessment, Vetting of CQAG, Revision of DDPMAS etc.
- Vetting & approval of Type Test Schedule and participation in Type Testing of Aircraft Tyres & Tubes and QA coverage of Arrester Barrier system.
- Formulation / vetting of specification, drawings, ATPs, Trade inspection in Private firms for aero medical items.
- Participation in assessment for Registration of Firms / Test Labs.
Aircraft Group: All Aircraft and Helicopter projects.
Aero Med Group: Pilot flying clothing such as Helmet, Oxygen mask, Anti-G suit, Overall, Winter clothing, Hand gloves, Boots etc.
- ORDAQA – Aircraft & NAL, Overhaul & MCSRDC, Helicopter, MRO & RWRDC, LCA-Tejas, ARDC & ACD, Bengaluru
- RD (MSQAA), Bengaluru
- OAQA, Barrackpore
- ORDAQA, Kanpur
- OADG, Nasik
Director [Aircraft & Aero Med]
Room No. 89, HQ DGAQA, Ministry of Defence,
‘H’ Block, DHQ Post,
Phone: 011-23012542, 23010135