The Office of Regional Director, AQA Ghaziabad was established at M/s BEL, Ghaziabad on 1st Nov. 1974. This office is headed by Regional Director. ORDAQA, Ghaziabad provides Quality Assurance activities of Ground Radars, Ground/ satellite Communication equipment, Equipments for Network Centric Systems, Antennae, Equipments for Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM), IFF System of Land Based Multi Functional Surveillance & Threat Alert Radar (LBMFSTAR), Microwave equipment and Airborne stores manufactured by four Strategic Business units (SBUs) of M/s BEL Ghaziabad (i.e. Network Centric systems SBU , Satellite communication & Cellular System SBU, Antenna SBU & Radio Detection & Ranging (Radar) SBU) and nearby public / private industries for equipment being supplied to Indian Armed Forces. This establishment is also entrusted with the responsibility of assuring Quality & Reliability of equipments for Indian Armed Forces during Design, Development and Indigenisation.
Role & Functions
The role & functions of the establishment is divided in following subgroups:
A. DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT /INDIGENIZATION PHASE
- For airborne equipments, suggestions / comments based on National/International standards & specification on Test Schedule (Qualification Test Procedure and Acceptance Test Procedure) for consideration of Centre for Military Airworthiness & Certification (CEMILAC)/Regional Centre for Military Airworthiness (RCMA) as a consultant under the provision of Design, Development and Production of Military Aircraft and Airborne Stores (DDPMAS) approved by MoD, during the finalization & approval of Test Procedures by them. However, the above mentioned documents are approved by RDAQA in consultation with designer, production agency & QCD (Quality Control Deptt) of producer for ground equipment.
- Quality Assurance (QA) During fabrication of Proto-Type and co-ordination during Qualification & Acceptance testing for witnessing of the tests.
- Participation in Defect Investigation of the equipment.
- Participation in developmental cycle of product which includes Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Software QA etc.
B. PRODUCTION PHASE
- Approval of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) and Production Acceptance Test (PAT) for deliverables of Indian Armed Forces based on National/International standards & specifications. Also the approval of Periodic Quality Test (PQTs) for airborne equipments in consultation with designer, Production agency & QCD (Quality Control Department) of producer.
- Quality Assurance during production through testing as per approved QAP, PAT and PQT mentioned just above.
- Stage inspection at PCB/Module/Subsystem/System level.
- Participation in Defect investigation (DI) of the equipment & their Pre mature withdrawal Report (PWR).
- Spot checks.
- Quality Audit.
- Quality Assurance activities pertaining to outsourced equipment.
- Configuration Control of Build Standards.
C. SERVICE PHASE
- Interaction with services for problems/Non conformance observed by them during use of equipment supplied by BEL /Other manufacturers and resolution of the same to user satisfaction through defect investigation and implementation of remedial measures.
- Low Level Transportable Radar (LLTR): Providing QA coverage for Radars along with associated equipment & accessories manufactured by M/s BEL Ghaziabad through TOT from M/s Thales France.
- Integrated Air Command & Control System (IACCS): Providing QA coverage for hardware (equipment) and Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) software being manufactured/ supplied by M/s BEL Ghaziabad, M/s BEL Panchkula and M/s BEL Kotdwara.
- Crypto Unit for Identification of Friend or Foe (IFF) MK XII (S) for Interrogator of Airborne Early Warning & Control system (AEW&CS).
- Crypto unit for Transponder of Jaguar Darin III aircraft.
- Crypto unit for CIT (Combined Interrogator Transponder) for various platforms being developed/produced by M/s BEL Ghaziabad for Centre for Air Borne systems (CABS) Bangalore and Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd.
- Airworthy IP Encryptor and Network Protocol Converter for Project Rukmani (Naval Aviation) being developed/manufactured by M/s BEL Ghaziabad.
- Airborne Communication system (RF1 & RF2) for Airborne Early Warning & Control system (AEW &CS) being developed/manufactured by M/s BEL Ghaziabad.
- Satellite Communication (SATCOM) equipment for Ground Based Mobile Eelint System (GBMES) being manufactured /supplied by M/s BEL.
- SRE (Surveillance Radar Element) Radar and its spares being manufactured/supplied by M/s BEL Ghaziabad.
- Spares for old radars v.i.z. TRS radar, IRMA radar / THD radar, PSM radar, INDRA radar, LLLWR (Low Level Light Weight Radar) Radar etc being manufactured/supplied by M/s BEL Ghaziabad.
- The Aircraft Traffic Indicator (ATI) display unit for various airborne platforms being developed/ manufactured by M/s Samtel HAL Display System (SHDS), Greater Noida.
- Display Unit for Integrated Standby Instrument System (ISIS) of HTT-40 being developed/ manufactured by M/s Samtel HAL Display System (SHDS), Greater Noida.
- Mobile Launching Trailer (MLS) for MRSAM (Medium Range Surface to Air Missile) project being indigenized by M/s Tratec Engineers Pvt Ltd, Gurugram.
- IFF System of Land Based Multi Functional Surveillance & Threat Alert Radar (LBMFSTAR) being developed/ manufactured by M/s BEL Ghaziabad.
- IFF MK XII-IDU (Interrogator Decoder Unit) of Akash Army Radar (Rohini Radar).
- Spares for Rohini, Akash (Army) Radar.
Name of FE’s/Detachments (Under/Reporting to this zone/FE): Not applicable
Regional Director, ORDAQA (Ghaziabad) DGAQA, Ministry of Defence