ABOUT US RMC, MUMBAI
The office of ‘Resident MSQAA Cell’, Mumbai was established vide GoI, MoD letter no. 751/PC12/DGAQA/MSQAA/2001/1395/II/D(HAL) dated 27th Dec 2001 and started functioning on 28th April 2002, with the sanctioned PE strength of one SSO-I and one SSO-II only. Further with time to time the said sanction was extended by competent authority and the last sanction was accorded vide GOI letter no.Z.99099/41/2011/D (MS-III) dated. 07thFeb 2018 for period of 04 years i.e. from 27 Dec 2017 to 26 Dec 2021. The RMC Mumbai was established primarily to provide the QA coverage for Prithvi Project being manufactured at M/s. G&B Mumbai and various trade firm located in and around Mumbai. Over a period of time various project viz. BrahMos, DALIA (LCA, MAL (Mobile Autonomous Launcher, MRV (Missile Replenishment Vehicle), WV (Workshop vehicle) and LRSAM were allotted to RMC Mumbai to provide QA coverage for the stores being manufactured by M/s. G&B, Mumbai. .
ROLE AND FUNTION
- Under the delegated powers of HQr, DGAQA and MSQAA Hyderabad, RMC Mumbai functions (since from April 2002) as the QA agency and regulatory body for all Missile Hardware& Ground support Equipment being manufactured at M/s. G&B for use by Indian Armed Forces.
- Provides QA coverage at trade firms as and when nominated by MSQAA, Hyderabad..
- Preparations and submissions of monthly & quarterly reports to PD, MSQAA.
- Participation in review of design changes / modifications required during the process of development, system integration and manufacture of missile components and systems.
- Participation in Court of Inquiry for investigation of aircraft accidents.
- Interaction with design agencies, PSUs and private firms involved with the project.
- Processing of production deviations and concessions
- Member of defect investigation team as when nominated by PD, MSQAA.
- Participation in vendor evaluation
- BrahMos:- a) BrahMos Land Version:- i) F-3 Section with CPHS and Wing & Fin Assembly. ii) Nose Cap Assembly. iii) Gill Assembly. iv) Nose Cap Motors Assembly. v) System of Nose Cap Motors vi) Wing Strap Assembly. .
- b)BrahMos Air Version :- i) F-3 Section with CPHS and Wing & Fin Assembly. ii) Nose Cap Assembly. iii) Gill Assembly. iv) Nose Cap Motors Assembly. v) Tail Fin Assembly. c) BrahMos Composite Products: - Total 21 Types of composite items 2) MRSAM: -Rocket Motor Assembly i) P1 Motor Casing Assembly ii) P2 Motor Casing Assembly 3) LRSAM: - Rocket Motor Assembly i) P1 Motor Casing Assembly ii) P2 Motor Casing Assembly
- LAND SYSTEM: BRAHMOS LAND SYSTEMS MOBILE AUTONOMOUS LAUNCHER (MAL) MISSILE REPLENISHMENT VEHICLE (MRV) WORK SHOP VEHICLE (WV)
- AERONAUTICS:- i) LCA: -5T & 10T Primary Actuators ii) LESA iii) FDCV
- Trade Firms: - Providing QA Coverage of PDI for raw material and components.
Address: -RESIDENT MSQAA CELL DGAQA, MINISTRY OF DEFENCE DGAQA, Ministry of Defence
C/o. M/s GODREJ & BOYCE MFG. CO.PVT. LTD. PCS DIVISION, PLANT 8, PIROJSHANAGAR, VIKHROLI, MUMBAI-400079 022-67963869,022-67961522 91 - 06853 - 220309 rmcmumbai[dot]dgaqa[at]gov[dot]in